Recipe by English_Rose
The Italians have a way of grilling small baby chickens bathed in olive oil, garlic and chillies. They call it The Devil’s Chicken (Pollo A Diabolo) because it is spicy hot and quite delicious. This recipe is a lower fat version baked in the oven. 2.5pts per serving, from weight watchers. Serve with a green salad and some small boiled potatoes or cooked pasta dressed with parsley and a little chopped garlic.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, uncooked
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 325°F Place the chicken in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the garlic, chili, oregano, oil, lemon juice and stock or water.
- Spoon over the chicken making sure it is well coated. Cover the top loosely with foil to protect the flesh from drying out.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, basting once or twice during cooking. Remove the foil and brown the chicken for the last 5 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.