Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs 5 mins
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice (about 1 lb)
- 1 lb len pork loin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 medium scallions, chopped (green parts only)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place potato, pork, tomatoes, garlic, orange juice, scallions, salt, cumin, and pepper in a 4 to 5 qt crock pot, cover and cook on low setting.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro, cover slow cooker and cook for 5 minutes.
I'm not even on ww and I love this stew. I added the sweet potato during the last hour of cooking. I also added one white potato. I cooked this on high for 5 hours. I didn't cut the pork chops, I just threw them in the slow cooker whole, semi frozen and then shredded them with a fork. I served this over brown rice. I also added extra OJ. I did not use the scallions, used onion powder. Also didn't have any lime and forgot to add the cilantro until I was halfway done eating it and it was still good! I googled Pork and Sweet potato stew and this recipe came up and also the orignal one from WW.
We enjoyed this recipe! I think next time I will put the potatoes in closer to the end as others have suggested. Overall, the flavors were great. Makes a very nice fall meal. Thanks for posting!
I loved it. I'm always looking for a good non-typical slow cooker recipe and this fits the bill. I did double the amount of cumin and garlic. Delicious!