Recipe by jenpalombi
from the WW website. This dish is successful even with my husband, who deplores eating healthy. One note: I have never used regular soy sauce when preparing this dish myself. I always use Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce, which I'm sure lends a slightly different flavor. As written, just 3 points per one cup side serving or 6 points for a very generous 2 cup main dish serving. I actually think one cup is enough for a main dish.
Top Review by DallasAggieGal
Sorry, but neither my husband or I cared for this. Like a few of the other reviewers pointed out, it was too bland. It could use more spices, or maybe I should try the soy sauce you use! Thanks anyway!
- cooking spray
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped, green and white parts
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, kept hot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and cook, until scrambled, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove from pan and set aside.
- Offheat, recoat skillet with cooking spray and place back over medium-high heat. Add scallions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken and carrots; sauté until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in reserved cooked egg whites, cooked brown rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 1 minute.