I love these simple little cookies with my afternoon tea. Very versatile too since you can color them or use whatever press attachment is appropriate for the occasion. For a super dainty cookie, use the bar plate in the press and press a long ribbon of dough onto a cookie sheet (ridged side up). Score the cookie dough at 2 inch intervals. (I use a pizza cutter, much easier than a knife) Once cool, drizzle melted chocolate coating over them in a zigzag pattern and dust with confectioner's sugar.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extracts; beat well.
- Stir together flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough.
- DO NOT CHILL.
- Place dough in cookie press and press cookies on to ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from sheet and cool on rack.
- Makes 6 dozen cookies (but they're very small).