Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
Oooohhh to be eating this ice cream right now! What a wonderful, creamy, berry berry good experience it is to eat this ice cream. The last time I made it I ate the whole batch in one day. tehehe. Once for breakfast, once for lunch, and then dessert after dinner.
For the ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 7 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped into smal pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the raspberry ripple sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup or 10 ounces reduced-sugar raspberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed to a paste with
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the Sauce: Press the raspberries and their syrup through a sieve into a saucepan.
- Add the corn syrup, lemon juice, and cornstarch mixture.
- (If using preserves, omit the cornstarch mixture, but add the water.) Bring to a boil, stirring often, then simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and cool, then chill For the Ice Cream: In a saucepan, combine the milk and 1 cup of the cream and bring to a boil.
- Beat the yolks and the sugar in a bowl with a hand-held electric mixture for 2-3 minutes, until thick and creamy.
- Gradually pour the hot milk mixture over the yolks and return to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat until the custard coats the back of a wooden spoon, stirring constantly Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the white chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Pour the remaining cream into a large bowl.
- Strain in the hot custard, mix well, then stir in the vanilla.
- Cool, then transfer the custard to an ice-cream maker and freeze it according to the manufactor's instructions When the mixture is frozen, but still soft, transfer 1/3 of the ice cream into a freezerproof bowl.
- Set half the raspberry sauce aside.
- Spoon a third of the remaining sauce over the ice cream.
- Cover with another 1/3 over the ice cream and then more sauce.
- With a knife or spoon, lightly marble the mixture.
- Cover and freeze.
- Let the ice cream soften for 15 minutes before serving with the remaining sauce.