Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great cooking project you can make with small children. I can’t remember if there was a reason for the name but part of the charm is that it doesn’t make sense! My kids are all grown up now but we can’t resist making Wee Men if we are entertaining little people - or big people who haven’t grown up yet!
- 250 g milk chocolate
- 400 g marshmallows
- 140 g M&M's plain chocolate candy (Smarties or Pebbles)
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and microwave on medium for 30 seconds. Stir and then continue to zap for 10 seconds at a time until the chocolate is melted (about another 30 seconds).
- Dip the base of each marshmallow in the chocolate and then place on a sheet of baking paper or wax paper.
- Take a teaspoonful at a time of melted chocolate and drip a blob on top of each marshmallow. Place an M&M/Smartie/Pebble on top of each blob. Reheat the chocolate if it is getting difficult to make blobs.
- In hot weather, put in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the Wee Men from the baking paper when the chocolate is set.
the kids at my daughter's rainbow party LOVED these, yum, yum.
I made these with my son's boy scout troop. They were easy to make and everyone enjoyed them. We made exactly as written. Will be making them again.
10 Stars ! I made these Friday morning for a Saturday B'day party (with fizzy sherbet sweets on top) and then had guests for Friday lunch.. well, there were very few Wee Men left afterwards LOL. I went out later for more marshmallows and made a LOT more the second time around (with Smarties on top this time.) DD helped both times, I did the chocolate piping and she did the marshmallow and Smartie bits. These got a HEAP of great comments at the birthday party too, everyone loved them and they are on the list for the next class party etc since they are SO EASY and quick to make. I did find that mine went better when piped onto cling film that I had wrapped tight around a clean chopping board, they peeled off easily without breaking or sticking. BiL said that a large plate of these, a tall drink and a newspaper in the sunshine would be his ideal Sunday morning... SiL laughed at the name and thinks that two of these placed side my side.. could better be called "wee ladies" LOL. Whatever the name you pefer, Wee Men are fast and easy to make, had my DD very happily helping in the kitchen, used few ingredients very very well, almost no mess to clean up and were the hit of the party with the big kids and little kids alike. Please see my rating system: that's a 5 star rating in my book! THIS recipe will be making many many repeat appearances at our parties in the future due to very popular demand! Thanks!