I had some left over Watermelon, and I didn't want it to go to waste, so I went to www.recipeland.com and found a Watermelon Cake recipe, well I jazzed it up a bit, and might actually try this cake with cantaloupe and Honey Dew too...
- 524.46 g package white cake mix
- 314.66 ml seedless watermelon, cubed
- 113.39 g package strawberry kiwi gelatin powder
- 3 egg whites
- 14.79 ml oil (preferrably) or 14.79 ml vegetable oil (preferrably)
- 59.14 ml watermelon juice
- 118.29 ml butter
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, watermelon, gelatin powder, egg whites and oil.
- Beat until smooth, takes about 3 minutes on high speed.(Some little chunks of watermelon are fine.)
- Pour in prepared pan and bake at 350F degrees for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, and frost with the Watermelon Frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and watermelon juice, fold in with a spatula until completely blended.
- Spread over cake.
- Garnish with strawberries if desired, or any other fruit of your choice.
AMAZING!! Light and rich at the same time. I baked this for a BBQ and everyone loved it. I used pre-made cream cheese frosting and added a little watermelon juice and a little gelatin for flavor and color. Definitely a hit with our guests. Thank you!
Cake was yummy. I used Watermelon flavored gelatin. Also, used about 1 1/4 c. powdered sugar, instead of 2 cups. Hardest part is cutting up the watermelon.