Recipe by crazycookinmama
I had some left over Watermelon, and I didn't want it to go to waste, so I went to www.recipeland.com and found a Watermelon Cake recipe, well I jazzed it up a bit, and might actually try this cake with cantaloupe and Honey Dew too...
Top Review by gabe's mama
AMAZING!! Light and rich at the same time. I baked this for a BBQ and everyone loved it. I used pre-made cream cheese frosting and added a little watermelon juice and a little gelatin for flavor and color. Definitely a hit with our guests. Thank you!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) package strawberry kiwi gelatin powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon oil (preferrably) or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (preferrably)
- 1⁄4 cup watermelon juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, watermelon, gelatin powder, egg whites and oil.
- Beat until smooth, takes about 3 minutes on high speed.(Some little chunks of watermelon are fine.)
- Pour in prepared pan and bake at 350F degrees for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, and frost with the Watermelon Frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and watermelon juice, fold in with a spatula until completely blended.
- Spread over cake.
- Garnish with strawberries if desired, or any other fruit of your choice.