Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rich, sweet little bite for snacks or desserts, serve them on a tray with chocolate-covered strawberries, truffles, and other "bites". From "Diabetes Cooking for Eveyone, by Carol Gelles.
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄3 cup ground walnuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 walnut halves, cut into 4 pieces each
- Place apricots, agave, and ginger in a food processor work bowl. Cover and process until very finely chopped.
- Place the ground walnuts on a piece of wax paper; stir the cinnamon into the ground nuts.
- Wrap each walnut piece in about 2 to 3 teaspoons of the apricot mixture. Roll each in the walnut-cinnamon mixture.