Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the August 2011 issue of Food and Wine. The peaches must be ripe but still firm enough to dice neatly. It's suggested as an accompaniment to halibut or shrimp, but I think it would go well with poultry or pork.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 serrano chilies or 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- In a mortar or mini food processor pound together the garlic and chile with the brown sugar until it forms a paste.
- Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and 2 tbl water.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the peaches, cilantro and mint.