Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My family has been making this for years since they immigrated from Vietnam. It's really good and LIGHT, as opposed to the strong flavor of uncut fish sauce. It can also be used as dressings for cabbage salads and any other dishes that needs a light wake-me-up of flavor. You can substitute 'cups' or 'parts'. If you make big batches, you can refrigerate the in a sealed bottle and take it out whenever you need. It stores really well in the refrigerator. I found this sauce is best with egg rolls that are made with pork, but it can be used with any other egg rolls. Please, Enjoy!
- 1 cup fish sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup distilled white vinegar
- fresh red chile, thinly sliced (optional)
- Pour ALL ingredients (except for the Chillies) in a sauce pan.
- Heat on medium heat until sugar has disolved.
- If desired, add thin slices of fresh red chillies to desired tast.
- Serve in dipping dish with egg rolls.
FAB, I love this sauce, it makes a great cabbage salad dressing.
Excellent!!! Just like our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. I added some shredded carrots to the sauce.