Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delightful Shortbready type cookie with a lovely orange cream filling, I got this recipe out of one of my older cookbooks and thought I would share.
- 220 g butter
- 118.29 ml icing sugar
- 29.58 ml grated orange rind
- 14.79 ml cornflour
- 236.59 ml plain flour
- 118.29 ml self raising flour
- icing sugar, extra
- 60 g butter
- 236.59 ml icing sugar
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- orange food coloring
- Cream butter, sifted icing sugar and rind till fluffy, Add cornflour mix well. Add sifted flours gradually, beat well till smooth.
- Fill into a piping bag with star tube and pipe 2.5cm stars onto lightly greased oven trays, Bake in mod oven for 15 minutes until pale golden brown. Cool on racks.
- Sandwich cookies together in pairs with orange cream filling, dust with icing sugar.
- Orange Cream, beat soft butter with sifted icing sugar till smooth, add a few drops orange food colour and orange juice.
I mostly followed your recipe, but when it came to the cream filling, I added 2 teaspoons of minced orange zest, giving an even more intense orange flavor to these wonderfully delicious cookies! Definitely a recipe worth keeping! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in the special event All Aboard for the L-O-V-E Train!]
I dont care to bake much anymore but very happy I changed my mind and made these cookies! I mixed the cookie dough in my Kitchenaid mixer and it came together nicely. Bought a cake decorating kit at the craft store to pipe my cookies. For the orange cream do make sure to buy the pulp free orange juice so you have a very smooth filling. These cookies are so good, loved the orange cream filling! A pretty cookie for a platter, afternoon tea, or holiday. Thank you dizzydi for posting your recipe! Made and reviewed for the Aussie Forums 19th recipe swap.