Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend passed this on from an old cookbook, and I love it! It doesn't taste exactly like tuna, but it's similar. It's great for a sandwich, very easy to make, and high in protein. If you're trying to make it super healthy, go for low-fat mayo.
- 1 (1 lb) can great northern bean, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Put beans in a medium-sized bowl and mash well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
Well this was a pleasant surprise - it's terrific! I did use lowfat mayo which worked fine. I don't care for onions so left them out and used a bit more celery. I served mine on whole wheat crackers and it was great; it's got a pretty creamy texture so not sure how it would work on a sandwich unless you added a little more bulk to it (maybe some chopped green pepper or apple). Great salad that I really enjoyed - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011