Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
herbes de Provence is a mixture of herbs used in cooking I have posted a simple version of it if you wish to try it in this soup. Simple Herbes De Provence. If you use a recipe that does not include bay you should add a bay leaf to the recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 onions, diced small
- 3 celery ribs, diced small
- 1 -2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced small
- 1⁄2 turnip, peeled and diced small
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 8 cups vegetable stock or 8 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup shell noodles
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter in large saucepan, adding onions, celery, and herbes de Provence.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes over low heat.
- Stir in carrots, and turnips and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chicken stock and tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook 15 minutes over medium high heat.
- Serve hot.