Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Quaker Oats container. I modified the recipe a little bit to lower the calories and fat content.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy.
- Add egg, egg whites and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet: remove to wire rack.
These are very tasty and healthy cookies. I will be making them again, but when I do I think I'll cut back on the raisins a little.
Yum! These were perfect. I had a craving for oatmeal raisin cookies tonight, but I am always looking for reduced fat recipes and I came across this one. I underbaked them just a little bit because I love my cookies soft and chewy, but other than that I followed the recipe to a T and loved it. These don't taste healthy, really; they're a perfect cross between lowfat and decadent. Thank you for sharing your modifications! I will use this recipe often.
I have used the Quaker Oats oatmeal cookies recipe and they always turn out fabulous - soft and chewy with just the right amount of cinnamon/raisin taste!