1/1 Photo of Vanilla Butternut Pound Cake With Maraschino Cherries
1 hr 5 mins
Haven't made this yet, but have been searching online for a bundt pan maraschino cherry cake and found this one on "baking911.com" after requesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup margarine (2 sticks) or 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 ounces water
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries, well drained
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter-nut flavoring, see note
- 1Cream shortening and butter until fluffy. Add sugar and salt. Beat in one egg at a time.
- 2Combine evaporated milk and water (to equal one cup total).
- 3Add flour and milk mixture alternately, ending with flour. Add flavorings, chopped nuts and the maraschino cherries.
- 4Pour batter into a greased and floured tube pan. Place cake in a cold oven. Bake at 325 degrees until done-.
- 5Remove cake from pan while still warm. Ice as desired.
- 6Note: The flavoring might be a bit difficult to find, but can be ordered online from the Superior Prod. Co. Charlotte N.C. as llangrove's review of Aug. 17th 2010 states. (Thank you llangrove for that information!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Butternut Pound Cake With Maraschino Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (2033 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6573.4
- Calories from Fat 2743
- Total Fat 304.8 g
- Saturated Fat 70.2 g
- Cholesterol 979.3 mg
- Sodium 4869.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 862.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.5 g
- Sugars 520.7 g
- Protein 107.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: