Vanilla Butternut Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can evaporated milk (add enough whole milk to make 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla butternut flavoring
- DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN, must start in COLD oven.
- Cream shortening, butter, sugar and salt.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour and milk alternating small amounts of each.
- Fold in flavoring by hand.
- Bake in greased tube pan for 1 hour and 45 minutes at 325*.
- DO NOT open oven door while baking.
- Remove from pan immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I was making this for a wedding cake and put the right amt of batter in two 6" greased round pans. I took the cakes out 20 minutes early because they became very card board like on top and very dry and crunchy. the tops were actually lifting off the cake. maybe i should bake even less time. Going to make a second attempt and if it doesn't work, I will not make this recipe again.