Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
It's Chocolatey-Peanut Buttery deliciousness!!!
Make and share this Ultimate Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter cups, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease two 8 inch circular pans and line with parchment.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa has dissolved.
- Add sugar and stire until well-combined.
- Add eggs and continue to mix well.
- Fold in vanilla, flour and salt.
- Fold in chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Divide between the pans and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and remove from pan.
- Spread 1/4 cup peanut butter over one layer and top with the second layer.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the cake.
I actually found this recipe on a baking blog that I frequently read, www.mybakingaddiction.com, but I thought I'd see if it was here, and here it is! I used 10 regular-sized Reese's cups. This recipe is missing the glaze. For mine, I changed it up a bit (what was on mybakingaddiction), and I combined 3 Tablespoons peanut butter, 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup heavy cream, and I whipped it until it was at about soft peaks, and spread it on top, letting some "drip" down the side. Instead of just meting chocolate chips, I made half a recipe of ganache (#97213), and piped it on the top just using a ziploc baggie. This turned out to be a very nice looking torte, perfect for the company we had, and VERY rich. It's like brownie batter, and cooks up like brownies too. I froze the leftovers we had, in slices, so we can take a slice out at a time. Thanks for posting this!