1/1 Photo of U.p. North Chili
out of here's Note:
Our family is from Michigan, where we made up this recipe and ate it on many "chili" nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 small onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package mccormick original chili seasoning mix
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) kidney beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can hunt's original Manwich sloppy joe mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar, if you want
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup pasta (cellentani, or your choice)
- 1Brown ground sirloin very well; add chopped onion.
- 2Cook until tender.
- 3Add the chili mix and the sugar.
- 4Add the sloppy joe mix.
- 5Add the drained kidney beans, stewed tomatoes (chopped up), and the water.
- 6After it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low; add the pasta.
- 7Simmer until the pasta is tender.
- 8Serve with crackers or cornbread.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for U.p. North Chili
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.4
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 628.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix
Manwich sloppy joe mix