Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Our family is from Michigan, where we made up this recipe and ate it on many "chili" nights.
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 small onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagemccormick original chili seasoning mix
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) kidney beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canhunt's original Manwich sloppy joe mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar, if you want
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup pasta (cellentani, or your choice)
- Brown ground sirloin very well; add chopped onion.
- Cook until tender.
- Add the chili mix and the sugar.
- Add the sloppy joe mix.
- Add the drained kidney beans, stewed tomatoes (chopped up), and the water.
- After it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low; add the pasta.
- Simmer until the pasta is tender.
- Serve with crackers or cornbread.
I've been looking for a sweet chili and this is it! I substituted taco seasoning for the chili mix and a can of tomatoes and green chilis instead of the stewed tomatoes for some kick. I also added a can of black beans and some cayenne pepper. It's sweet and spicy but you definitely need something to break the sweetness up.
very nice.....good with thick slices of garlic bread!! thanks