I wasn't sure about this recipe when I found it in Southern Living Favorites, but I gave it a shot and was very pleasantly surprised. I normally wouldn't buy frozen mashed potatoes but I found them to be very good! This dish tastes just as good if you substitute reduced-fat products.
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions.
- Stir in cream cheese and next 5 ingredients; place in a 2-quart, lightly greased, baking dish.
- The recipe states to divide the mixture evenly between 6, 6-oz.
- lightly greased ramekins or custard cups- I preferred to make it in one big dish but you all can do as you like.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or till thoroughly heated.