Recipe by Hey Jude
I wasn't sure about this recipe when I found it in Southern Living Favorites, but I gave it a shot and was very pleasantly surprised. I normally wouldn't buy frozen mashed potatoes but I found them to be very good! This dish tastes just as good if you substitute reduced-fat products.
Top Review by pixiesmom
This is very good! I had a lot of leftover mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving, so I was looking for something! I added some dry Ranch dressing mix and no chives (didn't have any!) I did add extra cheese to the mixture. Baked in an oval baker. Just like the filling of twice baked!!! YUM! Thanks for posting.
- 623.68 g packagefrozen mashed potatoes
- 113.39 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh chives
- 4 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2.46 ml seasoned pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions.
- Stir in cream cheese and next 5 ingredients; place in a 2-quart, lightly greased, baking dish.
- The recipe states to divide the mixture evenly between 6, 6-oz.
- lightly greased ramekins or custard cups- I preferred to make it in one big dish but you all can do as you like.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or till thoroughly heated.