Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
sweet potatoes, and turkey mixed with loads of cheddar cheese, makes for a quick easy, dinner.
Make and share this Turkey and Sweet Potato Wraps recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 396.89 g canlow sodium reduced-fat chicken broth
- 44.37 ml diced celery
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml sage
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 473.18 ml boneless cooked turkey, cubed
- 177.44 ml seasoned stuffing mix
- 8 (80 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 473.18 ml shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- sliced jalapeno pepper (to garnish)
- In a large saucepan, place onion, sweet potato, chicken broth, celery, salt, sage, and pepper, and bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook 10 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
- Stir turkey and stuffing mix into vegetable mixture and heat on mediumm for 5 minutes, stirring often, or until heated through and mixture has thickened.
- Heat 1 tortilla in a dry skillet over medium heat and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese and top with 1/2 cup of the filling.
- Allow cheese to melt for 10 seconds and remove from skillet.
- Fold in two opposite sides of tortilla one inch each, and roll up.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place seam side down on serving plate .
- Top with jalapeno peppers.
I just had these for lunch and they are very tasty. Like thanksgiving in a wrap;) The only deviation was omitting the celery because mine was wilted. Thanks for sharing your recipe, will make again. Made this again on November 28th 2014 using gluten free corn tortilla wraps and leftover gluten free cheese bread stuffing and it worked perfectly!
Pretty much followed this recipe right on down to ALMOST the very end, & then omitted the last ingredient & left out step #8 ~ AND, I really didn't miss the jalapenoes (wonder why)! Oh, yeah, I also didn't peel the sweet potatoes that I used, 'cause I enjoy that part way too much to discard! Still, 4 of us had some GREAT TASTING WRAPS & I ended up with a wonderful recipe keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]