Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Food Network Magazine
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 4 slices rye bread, large slices, lightly toasted
- 8 slices havarti cheese (thin slices)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
- dill pickle, for serving
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 475 degrees F. Combine 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, the tuna, celery, scallions, parsley and vinegar in a large bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons mayonnaise with the mustard and horseradish in a smal bowl; spread on the bread slices and arrange on a baking sheet. Mound the tuna mixture on top and pat it into an even layer. Top each with 1 cheese slice, tearing it as needed to cover the tuna mixture.
- Season the tomato slices with salt; place 2 slices on top of each sandwich, then top each with another cheese slice. Bake until the cheese melts, 5-7 minutes. Serve with dill pickles.
I must admit, I made this without the horseradish, but otherwise loved it! I used mozzerella cheese and whole wheat hamburger buns. Thanks for a delicious lunch!