This will warm you up on a cold day.
Make and share this Triple-Layer Mocha Hot Chocolate recipe from Food.com.
- Into each of 4 mugs, place 1 T chips and 1 t coffee; reserve.
- In a medium pot, whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt.
- Whisk in 2 T water until blended.
- Over medium heat, bring mixture to simmer; cook; whisking occasionally, until syrupy, 5 minutes.
- Whisk in 2 cups milk; cook, whisking constantly, until very hot but not boiling.
- Pour 1/4 cup hot cocoa mixture into each mug; stir until chips are melted.
- In microwave-safe measuring cup, microwave remaining 1 cup milk on high in 15-second intervals until hot; stir into remaining cocoa mixture.
- Transfer mixture to blender.
- With lid firmly held on, carefully blend mixture until frothy.
- Dividing evenly, spoon over hot chocolate in mugs.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired.
Good Golly Miss Molly, how did I miss this cup of pleasure for an entire year? Never mind I have now discovered it and I just can't tell you how delighted I am :D. it has a rich, beautiful chocolate goodness that isn't overpowered by sweet. The coffee is a lovely under note that adds an elegance to the overall taste. I used Splenda for the sugar and Special Dark Chocolate chips and a pinch of Himalayan Pink salt. Perfection!