1/1 Photo of Traditional Beef in Guinness Stew
2 hrs 15 mins
I got this recipe off of an Irish tourism website. I've made it several times and every time it is a huge hit. The cider and Guinness combo is what makes it unique. It's excellent by itself or served with a little champ and soda bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the beef into chunks and dice the onions and carrots.
- 2Toss the beef in the flour and fry quickly in hot fat.
- 3Remove the beef and fry the onions until transparent.
- 4Return the beef and add the carrots and the liquids. (Now is a good time to drink the extra Guinness and cider) :).
- 5Bring just to the boil. Reduce the heat and bring to a very gentle simmer.
- 6Cover closely, and cook for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- 7Check that the dish does not dry out. Add more water if necessary.
- 8Garnish with a little chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Beef in Guinness Stew
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.2
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 147.5 mg
- Sodium 137.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: