1/4 Photos of Tortillas De Harina (Flour Tortillas)
My late grandma's tortillas. Delicious as a stand alone snack or Mexican side
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, shortening, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- 2Gradually stir in water until crumbly dough forms.
- 3Work with hands until dough holds together.
- 4on a floured board, shape into a ball and knead until smooth.
- 5Divide dough into 12 roughly equal parts.
- 6roll into sphere and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 7Use a rolling pin to flatten into 8 inch circles.
- 8Cook on ungreased griddle on medium heat, to cook, when it starts to bubble, flip it over, when it starts to bubble, pat it down with a clean towel or spatula, when the entire tortilla starts to inflate, take it off the grill.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortillas De Harina (Flour Tortillas)
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 353.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g