Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Tony Gemignani of Pyzano's. Use on any California-style pizza.
Top Review by Scarlett516
This is an excellent pizza sauce! I was worried about the flavor of it since so many quick pizza sauces I've tried taste better the second time. This was full of flavor and so simple to make!
- 4 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon kosher salt (add to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl, using a wire whisk, combine the tomato paste, water, and olive oil.
- Add in the sugar, salt, oregano, dried basil, and garlic powder; whisk to combine.
- Stir in the fresh basil.
- Use immediately or store for up to 5 days in the refrigerator; may freeze for up to 2 months.
- Bring to room temperature before using.