Recipe by The Spice Guru
My reverse-engineered recipe for Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning.
Top Review by jgm401
Why is there a copycat recipe of Tony Chachere's Seasoning? There is no need for reverse engineering. Tony, himself, provides the EXACT recipe in his cookbook,Tony Chachere's Cajun Country Cookbook available on Amazon.com. Read the reviews. He notes in the cookbook that the recipe itself is worth the price of the cookbook. I have used the recipe for over 20 years and it is exactly as it is when you purchase the container in the store.
- 1⁄4 cup fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 5 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 5 teaspoons garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoned chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE all ingredients in a resealable container (1/4 cup fine sea salt, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 5 teaspoons cayenne pepper, 5 teaspoons garlic salt, 4 teaspoons ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon seasoned chili powder, 2 1/2 teaspoons celery salt, 2 teaspoons ground mustard, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage, 1 teaspoon onion salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano, 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme).
- SEAL the container.
- SHAKE until thoroughly blended.
- STORE tightly sealed in a cool, dry place away from light and moisture.
- USE measure for measure in place of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning and enjoy.