Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Totmato juice replaces much of the oil and helps this French-style dressing coat the salad greens. In addtion to crisp lettuce salads, it is delicious with grilled vegetables and bean or pasta salads. This dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. From Eating Well.
- 2⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until blended.
To my taste, the mustard and garlic overpowered the dressing, so next time I will definitely add less of both ingredients. I think I would also like to add a little more olive oil. Your Italian dressing is still my favorite all time dressing. Thanks, Bev.