1/6 Photos of Tomato and Mozzarella Burger
katie in the UP's Note:
I saw this recipe in the Real Simple July issue...had the ingredients...didn't have DH at home for dinner...So had a great..great 'chick' meal (quote from DH) Recipe can be adjusted to any quanities you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Slice a thin piece from the rounded bottom of each tomato, so they sit upright.
- 3Slice each tomato in half horizontally. Arrange the tomato halves, cut side up on a shallow roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet lined with foil.
- 4Drizzle with the oil, then sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- 5Scatter the garlic over the tomatoes.
- 6Roast until they're softened and warmed through, approx 15 minutes.
- 7Mine took longer -- approx 25 minutes. Mean while, cut the mozzarella into 6- 1/2 inch rounds.
- 8Using a spatula, sandwich each cheese slice between 2 hot tomato halves.
- 9The heat of tomatoes will melt the cheese slightly.
- 10Drizzle with the juices collected in the roasting pan and garnish with basil.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Mozzarella Burger
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.1
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 537.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: