Recipe by Kozmic Blues
I really enjoyed this! It was inspired by a recipe I saw on Food 911. Careful with the cayenne. (I personally like it a little spicy, but use your own judgment) I also usually only make half of this recipe. (I'm the only one in the house who will actually EAT tofu!)
Top Review by Bergy
I am not a fan of tofu but I made this for a friend that is mostly vegetarian - I liked it and she loved it! I cut the recipe in half, used extra firm tofu and served it along side a lettuce, tomato & sweet onion salad with hot crispy rolls - excellent. I used the full amount of cayenne (I mean a 1/2 tsp plus a smidge for the half recipe). I did use "Hellman's Lite Mayo" instead of Soy Mayo. Excellent recipe, healthy and a nice change. You may have started to convert me to Tofu (I do like Tempeh) Thanks Koxmic Blues
- 2 lbs firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup soy mayonnaise (or regular, your choice)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (I've used dried as well)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, diced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I always drain my tofu first.
- I cut it into 1/4s, wrap it in paper towels on a cookie sheet, with another one on top, weighted down with some heavy canned goods.
- Let sit in refrigerator for 10-20 minutes.
- Mash the tofu in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Mix tofu well with remaining ingredients.
- Chill and serve.