Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I make this on the stove, then pour it into a crockpot set on low to keep it warm. Good party or holiday dip.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 cup salsa ((I use extra-hot))
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef over medium heat for 8 minutes, crumble as you cook; when meat is browned, drain off the fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients; cook over low heat until the cheese is melted, stirring often.
- Serve with corn chips, tortilla chips, or toasted bruschetta.
- Can keep this warmed in a crockpot.
I made this to take to a potluck dinner. I cooked it on the stove then poured it into my carry-along crockpot. The flavor was rich, cheesy and spicy. I used hot salsa so didn't need to add anything else to make it hotter. I had tortilla chips to go with it. The guests ate it all so I know they liked it too. Thanks Nurse Di.
Honestly...I was a little skeptical of this recipe because of the soup in it. I also wasnt sure on what size can to use in this recipe as well and I was making a half batch. So I used a small can of soup and actually forgot to use the butter, and used sausage instead, and it was FABULOUS! Thanks so much for a wonderful dip.
Great dip!! I tasted it after adding all the ingredients and it needed "something", so I added about 2 tsp. of Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce and it really made it "POP"!! Very easy & GOOD!!