Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tilapia with a savory Cilatro Cream Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Sauce: Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; sauté the garlic and onion for 1 to 2 minutes. Add cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes to reduce slightly. Stir in cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 1 minute longer. Set aside or refrigerate until nearly serving time.
- Fish: Line a baking pan with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Brush fillets lightly with butter; arrange in the baking pan. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake the fish for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tilapia is cooked through.
- Warm the sauce up and drizzle a little over each serving of fish.
Very easy! Tasty and light. I think it would also be great on chicken! The sauce didn't look like it would thicken but it did! I also appreciated that this recipe used a more conservative amount of butter and oil. My picky husband ate it all (he said "don't tell me what it is"). I added a few drops of tabasco to my portion which really kicked it up.