1/2 Photos of Thumbprint Cookies
These cookies are one of the most requested. The kids love to help you make these. And they REALLY love to eat them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350*.
- 2Cream sugar, shortening, butter, vanilla and egg yolk.
- 3Stir in flour and salt until dough holds together.
- 4Shape into 1 inch balls.
- 5Beat egg white slightly.
- 6Dip each cookie ball in the egg white; roll in the nuts.
- 7Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- 8Press thumb deeply in center of each.
- 9Bake until light brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- 10Remove from cookie sheet, cool.
- 11Fill thumbprints with jelly.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 88.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g