Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from the Anita's Recipes website, which notes that this recipe was adapted from Lipton, Inc. I haven't made it yet because it serves TWELVE, although obviously the ingredients could be cut to serve less. Sounds pretty tasty to me!!!
- 15 ounces fat-free cottage cheese (or low-fat, if you can't find fat free)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 26 ounces reduced-fat spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare a 13x9 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, and parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine cooked pasta, pasta sauce, and salt. Spoon half of the pasta mixture into prepared pan; evenly top with cheese mixture, then remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 miuntes, or until heated through.
This is easy to do and with ingredients all in hand.Made everything as stated and all my family loved it.These amounts do not serve 12 persons unless they have a small portion ideally it serves 6-8.Thanks for the recipe that will do again for sure.
This was a great hit with my family! Lasagne taste but easier to prepare.It filled my 9 x 13 pan full but I also added another 2/3 jar of spaghetti sauce. I used whole wheat Ziti noodles and it tasted so good my family didn't even notice them being whole wheat! 7 of us ate all but 1 serving but our serving size tends to be 'too big' anyway! This is a keeper in my recipe folder!
This looked pretty easy to do and I had all of the ingredients so that's what I made for dinner last night. There's no way it could serve 12 unless everyone had a small portion. I made the recipe as written and four of us had just over half of it with a salad and garlic bread. So I think it would be safer to say it would serve 6 - 8. Having said all that, we enjoyed the meal and I would probably make it again just because it was so easy.