Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from my ex-mom in law. I fell in love with it the first bite I took. That was almost 20 yrs ago and I have been making it ever since.
- 2 (836.31 g) can whole kernel corn (or 1 bag frozen corn)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper, to taste
- Let cream cheese soften to room temperature. You can also stick it in microwave for about 10 second at a time til softened. Drain corn. Do not drain green chiles. In a casserole dish mix all ingredients til combined thoroughly. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes til bubbly and light brown. Enjoy!
I have made other corn & cream cheese dishes and I liked the hit the green chiles provided in this one. I used frozen corn (about 11 oz for 1/2 recipe) and lots of pepper (just a dash of kosher salt). Since the corn was still frozen it was hard to mix together so I threw the whole lot in the oven while it heated up. Once the oven was up to temp, I took the dish out, stirred to combine, and put back in for the 30 minutes. Worked perfect. Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe!
Delicious corn casserole! Flavorful, not too spicy, and so easy. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
As stated, this is a very easy dish to put together and toss in the oven while finishing preparation for the rest of the meal. I used frozen corn. Easy and tasty, what more can you ask for? Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '11