Recipe by CookBookCollector
Fresh Green Beans work best in this recipe, but if not available then by all means use frozen or even canned. I used to think that green beans had to be cooked to death swimming in bacon grease like Grandma made but then someone once put a just off the vine green bean in my mouth and I fell in love with the crispness and try to use fresh all the time now. Who knew?
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -3 tablespoons real butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups fresh green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing (NOT creamy or you can always make your own)
- 1 large firm tomatoes or 3 roma tomatoes, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Cut into either strips or chunks.
- In large skillet melt butter and cook chicken on low heat adding water if needed to continue to cook chicken.
- When chicken is done (juices running clear with no pinkness) toss green beans on top of chicken.
- Shake dressing well and pour over top of green beans covering all and cover tightly and simmer and steam for at least ten minutes.
- If adding tomato do so now and cover again.
- Cook another ten minutes or so until green beans are still crisp but are steamed nicely.
- Check every so often to make sure that your chicken is not burning and add a little water if needed.
- Serve with fresh bread sticks or french bread to get all the lovely juices.
- Cooking times may vary to taste Hope you enjoy!