Recipe by Manami
Found this on NapaStyle.com and it sounds wonderful. Since all the ingredients are amongst my favorites how could it be bad?. Update...great for Thanksgiving leftovers 03/12/2006.
Top Review by DDW
I saw this recipe on Michael Chiarello's show awhile ago, and am so happy this recipe is here. It's great and a crowd pleaser too. A different twist on Bruschetta. I toast my bread in the oven and then top and bake. Try this one - it's a keeper!
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1⁄2 loaf of leftover bread, toasted or 1⁄2 loaf grilled bread
- 3⁄4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated onion juice
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the bread.
- Rub the cut garlic and place in a heated dry cast iron grill pan on the stove top.
- Cook until heated, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and toast the other side, about 1 minute more.
- Slather the bread with leftover cranberry sauce, top with crumbled blue cheese.
- Place in the oven until cheese melts & serve.