Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this on NapaStyle.com and it sounds wonderful. Since all the ingredients are amongst my favorites how could it be bad?. Update...great for Thanksgiving leftovers 03/12/2006.
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1⁄2 loaf of leftover bread, toasted or 1⁄2 loaf grilled bread
- 3⁄4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated onion juice
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the bread.
- Rub the cut garlic and place in a heated dry cast iron grill pan on the stove top.
- Cook until heated, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and toast the other side, about 1 minute more.
- Slather the bread with leftover cranberry sauce, top with crumbled blue cheese.
- Place in the oven until cheese melts & serve.
I saw this recipe on Michael Chiarello's show awhile ago, and am so happy this recipe is here. It's great and a crowd pleaser too. A different twist on Bruschetta. I toast my bread in the oven and then top and bake. Try this one - it's a keeper!
A great way to use up some of my leftovers from Thanksgiving. The flavors blend perfectly!
This was a simple appy (and for me, an easy lunch). The flavors were all some of my favorites, and blended well. I used a whole wheat baguette that I sliced and toasted in the oven before rubbing with the clove of garlic. Topped with leftover cranberry sauce, this was an excellent way to use up some Thanksgiving leftovers.