Recipe by Sudie
This is from Cooking Light magazine, the December 2002 issue. So far, this is the #1 recipe I've tried in my new crockpot! It isn't really exotic, but it is a little different from most of the crockpot recipes I've seen, and it's just very tasty. Hope you like it!
Top Review by Claire312
We loved this recipe! I added a bit more garlic and pepper -- but no lemongrass or basil. For its taste and ease of preparation, this recipe gets 5 stars. It's one that I'd make again.
- 2 lbs pork loin, cut into four pieces
- 2 cups julienned red bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place everything except the peanut butter in crockpot.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Remove pork and chop coarsely.
- Add peanut butter to crockpot, stirring to incorporate in sauce.
- Return pork to crockpot.
- Serve over rice, with chopped scallions and chopped peanuts on top, with a lime wedge on the side.