Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from a lady I used to work with. This is a very easy recipe and tastey!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger, browned & drained
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- tortilla, torn into strips
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a large skillet, brown& drain meat.
- Add seasoned salt, taco seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and green chilis.
- Mix well, simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Separately, combine cottage cheese and eggs.
- In a greased 13x9x2 dish, layer half of the meat and sauce, 1/2 of the tortillas, 1/2 of the cottage cheese mix, and 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
Really quite good, although I made so many changes to the recipe. I used lasagna noodles instead of tortillas, ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese, and added spinach to the ricotta mixture and included two layers of black beans in the lasagna. Still, the essence of the recipe remained, and I enjoyed it. The sauce was especially good.
I mixed the cottage cheese and eggs with about 1 T. fresh cilantro and blended it in the blender so I could just pour it on the layer of noodles. It worked out great, and the layer of cheese was solid when the lasagna was done, so it didn't make the noodles slide. It had awesome flavor and we gobbled it up at my Superbowl party! I got compliments from everyone, so 5 stars for this one! Thanks!
This is easy to make and delicious! I used Amazing Taco Seasoning , rotel tomatoes w/chilis and cheddar jack cheese. The cottage cheese mixture seemed too runny but it baked up perfectly. This lasagna had so much flavor - we really loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2008 event