Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Usually I don't care for baked beans because they're too sweet. These have a bite--nothing better than a combination of hot and sweet. I substited sausage for the ground beef (personal preference). Recipe courtesy of Scrubbie1 and allrecipes.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 64 ounces baked beans (with pork)
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1 vidalia onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and set aside.
- In a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker, combine the ground beef, baked beans, green chilies, onion, and barbecue sauce.
- Season with brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Delicious! Added Mesquite BBQ sauce and green chilies to add more flavor.