Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of four recipes based on the recooked meatball that Parenting magazine published recently. I haven't tried this one yet, but the one I did try was great!
- 20 ounces chunk pineapple, in pineapple juice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 precooked meatballs
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 12 mushrooms (6 oz package)
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- Drain pineapple juice into 2-cup measuring cup, reserving chunks. Add chicken broth to juice until the glass is filled, and transfer to medium sauce-pan. Add rice and cinnamon and bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, or until al dente.
- Assemble skewers, alternating meatballs, pineapple chunks, peppers, and mushrooms, and brush with teriyaki sauce; broil 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Serve with extra teriyaki sauce and pineapple rice.
This was an easy dish to prepare...I thought the meatballs were a tad bit salty...but it may have been the brand...anyway...due to hubby's pineapple allergy...I choose to made recipe #218247 to go with this dish...we enjoyed the flavor combo...the kebabs were cooked to order and were very tasty...thanks for posting the recipe...Made for Spring 2014 PAC...=)