Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I use a box of Tastefully Simple Classy Chocolate Pound Cake for this recipe, but any chocolate cake will work. Hope you enjoy.
- 17 ounces classy chocolate pound cake (by Tastefully Simple)
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup caramel sauce, plus
- 1⁄4 cup caramel sauce, to drizzle
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix butter and water into pound cake mix as directed.
- Pour into a greased 5" x 9" pan and bake in the center of a 350° oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the icing by mixing softened butter, confectioners sugar and vanilla. Add in the 1/2 C caramel sauce and stir until combined.
- Once the cake is cool, frost completely with the caramel icing.
- Scatter peanuts and chocolate chips on top.
- Drizzle the remaining 1/4 C caramel sauce over entire cake.
- Serve and enjoy!