Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe I picked up.
Make and share this Tahitian Pork recipe from Food.com.
- Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch with soy sauce; toss with meat until all meat is coated. Brown in hot oil; when done drain.
- Drain pineapple reserving juice. Add reserved juice, vinegar, sugar, and garlic salt to meat.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Dissolve remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch in water; add to meat. Cook stirring constantly until thickened and translucent.
- Add pineapple, heat through.
- Serve on a bed of cabbage.
This meat was tender, but the taste was rather different. You did not specify if the cabbage should be cooked, so I served it on raw cabbage, which really did not taste that good with the pork. If I make this again I will slightly cook the cabbage and reduce the cider vinegar. I've had better pork recipes but this was alright.
I made this tonight and everyone really enjoyed it! I didn't do anything different. My fiance doesn't like pineapple and he even liked it (without the chunks). I will definitely make this again!
This tasted really good served over rice. The taste was a little similar to sweet and sour pork you would get at a Chinese restaurant. I decided to not use cabbage, as I didn't think my family would like that. All three of my kids ate it, so that says something, because they are usually very picky. I will probably make it again.