Recipe by sheila
This is a recipe I picked up.
Top Review by KellyD
This meat was tender, but the taste was rather different. You did not specify if the cabbage should be cooked, so I served it on raw cabbage, which really did not taste that good with the pork. If I make this again I will slightly cook the cabbage and reduce the cider vinegar. I've had better pork recipes but this was alright.
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 907.18 g lean pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 14.79 ml oil
- 566.99 g can pineapple chunks (in it own juice)
- 78.07 ml cider vinegar
- 59.14 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 59.14 ml water
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch with soy sauce; toss with meat until all meat is coated. Brown in hot oil; when done drain.
- Drain pineapple reserving juice. Add reserved juice, vinegar, sugar, and garlic salt to meat.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Dissolve remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch in water; add to meat. Cook stirring constantly until thickened and translucent.
- Add pineapple, heat through.
- Serve on a bed of cabbage.