Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of the recipes I "adopted" and as soon as possible, I'm going to "tweak" this and repost it.
- 1 lb ground beef (browned and drained)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (cooked and drained)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package cheddar cheese, cut up (could use 1 cup shredded)
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (1/4th of 2 lb. loaf)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Brown and drain ground beef and set aside.
- Cook and drain macaroni and set aside.
- In a pan, big enough to hold macaroni and burger plus, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Slowly add flour while stirring (try not to get lumps).
- Very slowly add water while stirring.
- Slowly add milk while stirring.
- Add taco mix and stir very well.
- Add the cheeses and stir constantly until cheese is melted.
- Add sour cream and cream of mushroom soup, stirring well.
- Add the macaroni and ground beef, stirring well, until warmed all the through.
This is great. Very, very cheesy. I added a chopped onion to the beef cause what is a dish without onions? It is very thick and I ended up adding extra milk (almost two cups)before serving. I will add two packets taco seasoning mix next time. This reheats well in the microwave. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing.