Fancy Ants on a Log
photo by Rowenna
- Ready In:
- 6 stalks celery
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted creamy peanut butter or 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- raisins (or dried cranberries, or chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips)
- rum (optional)
- Optional Step: Soak raisins in just enough rum to cover for at least one hour, or overnight. You can cook the rum first for a nonalcoholic version for kids. Drain before using.
- Cut the celery stalks into 2-3 inch logs.
- Cream together the cream cheese, peanut butter, and honey (the cream cheese and peanut butter can be eyeballed to equal parts; the honey is more to taste. When I'm done, it tastes almost like cheesecake).
- Spread the peanut butter mixture into the valleys of each log. Alternatively, fill a dessert decorator and pump the peanut butter mixture into the valley like frosting.
- Line up raisins along the center.
I won't put up a different recipe for every nifty ants on a log idea I come up with, so here are a couple of ideas:
- Spread nutella down the valley of the celery and garnish with raisins.
- Or, spread Recipe #120220 over the valley of the celery and garnish with raisins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!