Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These crackers don't need a special time to enjoy them. They're great for snacking, hiking, traveling, watching TV, or just any old time. They're so good. Most super-markets carry the taco-flavored cheese, if not just use regular Cheddar cheese ones.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (6 oz.,taco-flavored)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- paprika, if desired
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl;add flour, shredded cheese, and softened butter.
- Process until dough forms a ball, stopping once to scrape down sides. Wrap dough in heavy-duty plastic wrap.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Unwrap dough, and roll to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut dough with 2 1/2-inch animal-shaped cookie-cutters.
- Place animal shapes on un-greased baking sheets and sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned; cool on wire racks.