Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easy, yet elegant vegetable side-dish.Great for holidays!Can be doubled very easily. Makes for a great presentation. You can vary the vegetables for different tastes.Smooth and great tasting!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (if you don't like mushrooms, use cream of Celery soup)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can Durkee onions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, soup, ½ cup of the cheese, the sour cream, black pepper, and ½ the can of French Fried onions.
- Pour into shallow one-quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are done.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and onions in diagonal rows across the top.
- Return to oven, uncovered,baking about 5 minutes more.
- (or until the onions are golden brown).
This one is a winner! My kids hate swiss cheese but I made this they ate it all up. By far this one is a keeper!!
This was ok. I was expecting more. I think it needed some seasoning. I also had the problem of crunchy vegetables. Looked very pretty.
Yummy and cheesey! I used cauliflower and broccoli blend. I also used light sour cream and for the soup, I used Recipe #278160 using skim milk. I cut some fat, but it was still creamy and cheesey. I'll be making this again. Thanx!