Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe on IGourmet.com If you use frozen peaches (which is all we can find at this time of year!) it makes a thicker, frostier smoothie!
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled sliced ripe peaches or 1 1⁄2 cups nectarines
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- Place all ingredients in blender container; cover. Blend on high.
- speed about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into 2.
- glasses and, if desired, sprinkle with additional wheat germ.
5 stars! One of the best smoothies I've had in awhile. I used FROZEN peaches, and the consistency was perfect. Could drink this everyday. And I love the simple, healthy ingredients. Thank you so much for sharing!
This is a tastey little smoothie. I used frozen peaches and fat free vanilla yogurt. I also needed a little milk to thin it out a bit. The wheat germ was a nice, nutty addition.
We enjoyed this. I thought it was a little sweeter then I would like and so I think I would use about half the amount of honey called for. Also, I didn't realize I was so low on wheat germ so I used only about 1/8 of a cup. That whirred up well and did not give me any kind of problem with texture.