Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a little something different to do with those sweet potatoes.
- 3⁄4 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 sheets frozen phyllo dough, 16-1/2x12inch 's thawed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon light maple syrup
- fresh strawberries, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Mash sweet potatoes with vanilla and ground cinnamon.
- Unroll phyllo dough in a stack of 4 sheets. Cover with large sheet of waxed paper and damp kitchen towel. Remove 1 sheet and position it flat, with short width facing you. Spray edges lightly and evenly with cooking spray.
- Spread 3 tablespoons sweet potato mixture along edge of phyllo. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped pecans. Quickly roll up. Slice into thirds and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets.
- Spray tops of phyllo wraps with cooking spray. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and drizzle with light maple syrup (about 1/4 teaspoon per wrap). Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
This was a really nice idea. I didn't have maple syrup, so I dusted them with icing sugar - kids enjoyed these too.