Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
a Healthy pet treat
Make and share this Sweet Potato/Carrot Dog Treats recipe from Food.com.
- cut sweet potatoes and carrot into chunks, leave peels on.
- cook in 8 cups water until tender.
- process vegetables in food processer until pureed, using cooking water as needed.
- on last puree, add whole raw eggs with shells.
- pour mixture into clean dishpan, add sorbic acid and stir thoroughly.
- add dry oatmeal and stir until blended. let sit for 20 minutes.
- add flour in 4 cup increments , blending with spoon after each addition.
- near end will have to mix by hand.
- place dough in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- roll dough on flured surface to a 1/8" thickness, cut into desired shapes.
- bake cookies on cookie sheet at 325 degrees for 30 minutes, turn and bake for additional 30 minutes.
- let cool --
- store in ziploc bags.
- may refrigerate or freeze if desired.